Friday, March 28, 2014

Ruby Nicole is here :)

March 3rd 2014
David & I headed to Davis Hospital at 6:30am for the scheduled C-Section. Emma had a sleepover with her grandma Nancy the night before so we didn't have to worry about getting her ready in the morning. On our way to the hospital we got a phone call from a nurse saying we were suppose to be at the hospital at 6:00am. AHHHH I was so calm that morning and that got thrown out the window. I hate being late. Oh goodness. We get to the hospital and check in & get our room. The nurse comes in and gives me my IV. (awful. blood was everywhere) Then the anesthesiologist came in and explained the spinal block to me and had me sign some papers. We had only been at the hospital for about 45 minutes by this time. They wheeled me into the operating room which was so weird because I actually had time to look around and see what was going on. (With Emma everything was such a blur because hers was an emergency C-Section.) There were 2 nurses, 2 anesthesiologists & 2 doctors in the room with me. They invited David to come in the room and a nurse put up the sheet so I won't be able to see the C-Section happening. Gross. My doctor then asks me if I could feel anything and I said "No" He then says "Good because we are almost to your uterus" WHAT THE HECK? haha I had no idea they had even started. Twice during surgery I got so nauseous. It was the most intense nausea of my life. I felt retarded telling the anesthesiologist that I felt so sick but I am glad I did. She injected my IV with some magical medication & made me smell some peppermint/lavender mixture. It worked amazing. Until it happened a second time. haha. They started the C-Section at 7:45am & Ruby was born 7:59am. 7lbs 9oz 20in.  She immediately started crying. (best feeling in the whole world) She had a thick rattle in her cry and the nurse let me know she had swallowed some fluid. After I was taken to the recovery room a nurse let me know Ruby was on oxygen to help her breath while they tried to clear her lungs of all the fluid she had swallowed. 
I did not get to hold my baby for almost 2 hours after she was born :( I looked through my moms camera of all the pictures she had been taking of Ruby while she was in the nursery. I couldn't believe her chunky cheeks! 
Holding my sweet girl for the first time
 Emma meeting her sister

 Lauren Nicole & Ruby Nicole
 Grandpa & Grandma Skaggs :]

 Joseph.Lynette. & Abbey Rocha
 Aunt Becky
 Matthew.Cosette.Ava
 Beth & Kelsey-My primary 1st and 2nd counselor
 Megan & Airyn
 Grandpa & Grandma Johnson
 Shelby.Prelsey.& Pyper

 GIRL SELFIE. HAHA



No comments:

Post a Comment