Saturday, October 6, 2012

Our Sweet Emma

SHE IS HERE!!
I can not believe she is born and that she is mine.
I went into the hospital Monday October 1st to be induced and to get my labor started.
They immediately started me on pitocin and within an hour of me 
being there my doctor came and broke my water.
That was at 7:45am. By the time 9:00am rolled around I started feeling contractions. 
By 11:00am I was dilated to a 4 and SOOO ready for an epidural.
 When the anesthesiologist came in he brought like 6 other people with him. 
They were students from Weber State. I was kinda sketched out already by the
 epidural then to add an audience to it made it weird. I was nervous so I was cracking
 jokes like a fool. Which I recommend people do because everyone was
 laughing and talking so I did not even realize what was happening in my spine.
 I was so comfortable after the epidural and took a little nap. A few hours passed
 and the nurse came in and told me to lay on my side because my baby didn't like
 the position I was laying in. I didn't think much of what she said. About 15 minutes later my doctor came in the room and said that I wasn't progressing and the baby was not descending
 into the birth canal. He said every contraction her heart rate would drop and labor was stressing her out. He said he had to do what was best for me and my baby 
and that was an emergency cesarean section. When he told us this I was really 
calm. My body immediately started shaking though and I got really cold. I felt like
 I knew all along I was having a c section. I had dreamt it a few times. Everything else happened so fast. The doctor told me about the c section at 3:10pm and Emma was born at 3:33pm. 
One of the doctors was taking pictures while we were in the operating
 room and I am so glad he did. When I heard her 1st cry I immediately started crying. I loved her so much already. I loved that she was born. I loved that she was healthy. I loved that she was mine. 
She has already brought so much joy and peace into our lives.
David is such a good daddy already and is absolutely obsessed with his baby girl.
We are so amazed at how beautiful she is and we are so grateful God sent her to us. 







 6 pounds 12 ounces 20 inches long

 Marvel Fans :]

The 2 anesthesiologists that kept me company during the c section. Loved them!
 Grandpa and Grandma Johnson! :]
 Meeting uncle David and Aunt Haylee




 Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Layton


 First time meeting grandpa Skaggs





4 comments:

  1. You are wonderful! Your baby is beautiful! I love your sweet family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kayla!! So fun we can experience having a new baby at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful Kayla! I can't wait until she meets my little guy! So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Kayla, I'm not trying to be a creeper, but I've been looking through your blog. But I saw that the white anesthesiologist you had is a good family friend! Small world! And your baby is beautiful, hope everything is going good for you!

    ReplyDelete